I currently am one of the Indian Country Liaison for the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) AMBER Alert Training and Technical Assistance Initiative and monthly blog writer for www.tribaldatabase.org via Fox Valley Technical College and the National Criminal Justice Training Center
A few recent training tasks completed:
Coming up November 15 and 16, 2019, I will be representing AMBER Alert in Indian Country at the first Annual 4 Directions Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women’s Conference in Oklahoma City, OK. I hope to see you there!
- My lovely wife Maggie and I presented a one day workshop on Cultural Awareness for HUD’s Southwest Region ONAP (Office of Native American Programs) The ONAP staff and directors from Albuquerque and Phoenix were very responsive. Below are a few comments from the evaluations:
- What did you like best about the training?
- “The presenters were captivating and able to engage all people in ways meaningful.”
- “Delivery, content, and information.”
- “White man’s history has given us no reason to be proud of our treatment of Natives…yet we were given the history factually without feeling condemned, except for our thoughts inwardly. Thank you for the graces shown.”
- “Wonderful training. Ron kept it fast moving to keep attention while still providing time for questions and interactions. Thank you!”
- “Nothing to not like!”
- “Outstanding job. And thank you again for all you do!”
- Other recent trainings:
- Teaching Webinars for the Native Learning Center, Seminole Tribe of Florida. Subjects: Grants and Foundations funding, Youth Programs that Work in Indian Country, and other wellness issues in Native America.
- Kickapoo of Kansas Law Enforcement and Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma Law Enforcement ICAC Training: Internet Crimes Against Children.
- Ft. Berthold Housing Authority staff training: Methamphetamine and Pharmaceutical Abuse in Indian Country and History and Success of Youth Programs in Indian Country
- National Center for Missing and Exploited Children staff training, Alexandria, VA : Facilitated course ‘Native Insight’
- Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Office of Native American Program (ONAP): Community Education
- National Congress of American Indian (NCAI): Leadership Development Training for United National Intertribal Youth (UNITY) Conference and National Webinar facilitator for Building Youth Driven Programs in Indian Country – Sustainability and Funding Sources
- DOJ: Methamphetamine Enforcement Training and Technical Assistance for Tribal Communities, Internet Crimes Against Children and Southern Border Issues (Mexico & Tribal Government(s)
- Boys & Girls Clubs of America’s (BGCA) initiative: Boys & Girls Clubs in Indian Country
- National Webinar Training: Mentoring in Indian Country for 4-H and BGCA
- National Mentoring Summit, Washington D.C. : Mentoring in Indian Country
Co-Author with Maggie Gurley: Safety Curriculum for public schools and other youth organizations for DOJ’s National Missing Children’s Day Poster Contest